That’s it for 2018! We hope that the SHARK week has been productive for all of you.
The presentations are available in the on-line program by clicking on the title of the talks.
At last, we are proud to annonced that the next edition, the
20-24 May 2019
Povoa de Varzim, Minho, Portugal
The program of this edition is still available in PDF format by clicking here .
The booklet is available in PDF format by clicking here .
Silver SHARK MAY 21-25 2018
The workshop will be held at the Sao Felix Hotel close to Porto, Portugal, from May the 21st up to May the 25th 2018. The main purpose of this conference is to strengthen the collaborations between Finite Volume (FV) field actors and to share the burden of research and development of numerical codes of FV type. This workshop brings the opportunity for Researchers from International Universities to discuss the State-of-the-Art of high(er)-order Finite Volume methods for a large range of Physics and Engineering problems. Each morning presentations are given by experts in the field while the afternoon sessions are dedicated to intensive parallel workshops articulated around few collaborators.
The purposes of the workshops are
- to reinforce already existing collaborations;
- to create new interactions between researchers in the same field;
- to share detailed and technical experiences on specific issues and exchange ideas, codes, test cases…
A lot of time will be dedicated to discussions and work sessions. As such the number of participants is limited to 35 to 40 attendents. Registration must be done through the registration form.
The fees covers the hotel (Sunday night till Friday morning), three meals per day (Sunday diner up to Friday lunch), the coffee breaks, the registration fees, the transport from/to Porto airport, and the workshop banquet on Thursday evening.
The area is located on top of S. Félix Hill in harmony with the exuberant landscape of the Costa Verde few kilmoters from the Ocean, North of Porto and East of Braga. Supplemented with the famous Portuguese cuisine, SHARK-FV conference provides a perfect environment for sharing unforgettable experiences. The « fees » will cover all your expenses during your stay, transfer from the aiport, breakfasts, lunches, dinners and hotel room.
The conference themes revolve around High- and Very High-Order numerical methods, more specifically (bu not restricted to)
- High-order scheme derivations (hyperbolic, parabolic, elliptic)
- Non-Conservative hyperbolic Systems of PDE’s with Stiff Source Terms
- Multispecies/Multimaterial Fluid Flows
- Modeling, Asymptotic modeling
- High order approximation of non-matching interfaces and boundaries
- Analyse, robustness and stability properties
- Mesh Moving, Meshless and Particle schemes