The Tawny SHARK 2023 is now over.
We hope that you enjoyed your time in Povoa de Varzim as much as we did! and we are expecting you next year for the
Gold SHARK-FV workshop 20-24 may 2024
After the success of the last Sharing Higher-order Advanced Know-how on Finite Volume conferences, (almost) each year since 2014 (red, blue, white, purple, silver, tiger and green last year), we are very please to invite you to:
The Tawny Shark-FV Conference
May, 22-26 2023 in Minho
The organizers warmly acknowledge the support of the Agence National pour la Recherche (ANR) in France under the project MOONRISE.
The main purpose of this conference is to strengthen the collaborations between Finite Volume (FV) field actors and to share the burden of research and development of numerical codes of FV type. This workshop brings the opportunity for Researchers from International Universities to discuss the State-of-the-Art of high(er)-order Finite Volume methods for a large range of Physics and Engineering problems. Each morning presentations are given by experts in the field while the afternoon sessions are dedicated to intensive parallel workshops articulated around few collaborators.
The purposes of the workshops are:
- to reinforce already existing collaborations;
- to create new interactions between researchers in the same field;
- to share detailed and technical experiences on specific issues and exchange ideas, codes, test cases…
A lot of time will be dedicated to discussions and work sessions. As such the number of participants is limited to 35 to 40 attendants. Registration must be done through the registration form.
The fees covers the hotel (Sunday night till Friday morning), three meals per day (Sunday dinner up to Friday lunch), the coffee breaks, the registration fees, the transport from/to Porto airport, and the workshop banquet on Thursday evening.
The area is located on top of Sao Félix Hill in harmony with the exuberant landscape of the Costa Verde few kilometers from the Ocean, North of Porto and East of Braga. Supplemented with the famous Portuguese cuisine, SHARK-FV conference provides a perfect environment for sharing unforgettable experiences.
The conference themes revolve around High- and Very High-Order numerical methods, more specifically (bu not restricted to):
- High-order scheme derivations (hyperbolic, parabolic, elliptic)
- Non-Conservative hyperbolic Systems of PDE’s with Stiff Source Terms
- Multispecies/Multimaterial Fluid Flows
- Modeling, Asymptotic modeling
- High order approximation of non-matching interfaces and boundaries
- Analyse, robustness and stability properties
- Mesh Moving, Meshless and Particle schemes
- CHRISTOPHE BERTHON, Université de Nantes, France.
- WALTER BOSCHERI, Università di Ferrara, Italy.
- STÉPHANE CLAIN, Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal.
- CHRISTOPHE CHALONS, Université Versailles, Paris, France.
- MICHAEL DUMBSER, Università degli studi di Trento, Italy.
- GREGOR GASSNER, Mathematisched Insitut zu Köln, Germany.
- RAPHAËL LOUBÈRE , Université de Bordeaux, France.
- XESÚS NOGUEIRA, Universidade da Coruña, Spain.
- GABRIELLA PUPPO, Università La Spienza Roma, Italia
- FRANCOIS VILAR, Université de Montpellier, France.
- MARIE-HELENE VIGNAL, Université de Toulouse, France.
- ELENA VÁZQUEZ -CENDÓN, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain.