Welcome to Honom 2022
Mathematical modeling, based on Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) and numerical simulation are fundamental tools in the context of problems arising in engineering, physics, biology or medicine among many others, from the point of view of computational efficency and accuracy of the results obtained.
In the field of computational fluid dynamics finite volume and discontinuous Galerkin methods are commonly used. In order to achieve high order of accuracy in space, high order reconstruction methods were firstly introduced in the 80s, namely Essentially Non Oscillatory (ENO) schemes. Later on Weighted ENO (WENO) techniques and Central WENO (CWENO) methods have been developed.
Total Variation Diminishing (TVD) schemes allow to obtain well-established second order schemes. However, this TVD property is also used in Runge-Kutta schemes to get higher order of accuracy, such as the third order RK-TVD scheme which is widely used. More recently ADER approach, in the context of Riemann problems, was introduced which allows to obtain arbitrary order of accuracy. A step forward in ADER schemes are the so called Local Space-Time DG which allow to apply ADER method to problems with stiff source terms.
The aim of this conference is to present new research in the field of high order numerical methods applied to mathematical models based on PDEs to simulate a wide range of physical phenomena.
TOPICS AND SPECIAL GUESTS OF THE CONFERENCE
Topics of the conference
- ADER methoid
- High order finite difference and finite volume numerical schemes
- DG methods
- Residual Distributive schemes
- Design of algorithms
- Adaptive mesh refinement
- ENO, WENO and CWENO reconstruction
- Finite element methods
- Time stepping
Confirmed key note speakers
- Andrea Beck, University of Magdeburg, Germany
- Ignasi Colominas, Universidade da Coruña, Spain
- Christiane Helzel, Universität Düsseldorf, Germany
- Gabriella Puppo, Universita’ di Roma La Sapienza, Italy
- Mario Ricchiuto, Inria Bordeaux Sud-Ouest, France.
- Peter Vincent, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
- Jonas Zeifang, University of Hasselt, Belgium.
Final Registration Date
February 28, 2022
The registration procedure proceeds according to the Payment method (Credit Card or Wire Transfer).
Deadline for Abstracts Submission
January 31, 2022
This year, you can participate in
by coming to Braga, Portugal OR
by logging into our virtual platform
0 / 60 people are registered for Braga
and 0 / 150 people are registered for inline
- On-site 250€/300€ include coffee breaks, banquet, wine tasting, booklet
- On-line 50€/70€ include access to the live streaming
In case of cancellation, the Bank transfer handling fee (30€) will not be refunded.
The conference will take place in Braga (Portugal) at the former Sao Marcos hospital, now called Vila Gale.
Vila Galé Collection Braga 4*
Largo Carlos Amarante, 150
4700-308 Braga Portugal
GPS N 41º 32′ 56.139” – W 8º 25′ 24.336”
Phone (+351) 253 146 000